Fieldlab Zephyros takes the next step towards innovations in offshore wind
Based on the proven concept of Field Labs, World Class Maintenance, together with the Center of Expertise Water & Energy, focuses on accelerating innovations in the field of the management and maintenance of offshore wind energy systems. Collaboration can optimize the management and maintenance of offshore wind.
After the kick off meeting of the WCM smart maintenance Fieldlab Zephyros on 18 January, the second meeting on 2 March was held at the foot of the Krammer wind farm, with over 60 participants.
At windfarm Krammer 34 windmills are built in a unique manner in a primary flood defense and equipped with Enercon turbines. With a height of 175 meters they tower high above other onshore windmills. Windfarm Krammer is an initiative of Deltawind and Zeeuwind and with almost 5000 members the largest citizens' initiative in the Netherlands. After completion in 2019, the windpark will supply 102 megawatts of power to DSM, AKZO, Google, Philips and some 100,000 households.
Five innovation domains have been identified that will be developed within Zephyros:
- Design for Reliability of the offshore wind Energy System
- Operate for Availability / Development or Remote Maintenance
- Remote Condition Monitoring & Diagnosis / Reduction of degradation behaviour
- Development of (virtual) North-sea offshore wind O & M control tower / Optimization of O & M Logistics
- Development of new offshore wind O & M business models
The sheets of the presentations can be downloaded as well.
- WCM - Introduction and status update 2 march Fieldlab Zephyros
- Windpark Krammer
- CoE Water & Energy - Lectorenoverleg Zephyros bijeenkomst
- TNO – Fieldlab Zephyros wind measurements
- ECN - Robotics for Offshore Wind Farm Maintenance
- AMC – Zephyros pitch O and M optimization
- CGI – Zephyros Control tower
- TKI Wind op Zee - Development of new offshore wind O & M business models