An independent and dedicated research institute and specialist in testing all kind of materials, structures, components and systems.
The main activity of WMC is fundamental and applied research on materials (steel, aluminium, fibre reinforced plastics (FRP) and thermoplastic composites) that you can find in wind turbines, energy, process and oil & Gas industries.
For its professional research, WMC has a laboratory for material research and a large test facility with an dedicated strong floor enabling testing of large heavy structures.
Customers select WMC as supplier for all sorts of test solutions and wind turbine design tools. The facilities include several rotor blade test stands and dedicated composite manufacturing and test laboratories. Work field includes wind turbines, tidal, offshore oil & gas, marine sector and civil engineerin. WMC is customer focused starting with smart, cost-efficient solutions, ending with delivering results that enable customers to develop their products further
WMC is situated at a unique location along the border of the IJsselmeer, which enables the offshore transport of large structures to the facility.
• 2 x Overhead cranes
• Easy access territory
• Hydraulic power supply and distribution
• Electrical power management
• Materials and equipment handling strategies
• Foundation and strong floor design
• Comprehensive turnkey test systems and components for both static and fatigue components evaluations
• Complete facilities planning ensures successful, sustainable laboratories
For the Wind Energy industry, WMC provides a wide area of services:
• Material tests
• Subcomponent tests
• Full scale blade testing
• Wind turbine design software